Tuesday 18 October 2011

Hack

That thing I said about not noticing the smog here? Well, a week after I arrived it set in proper, then everybody I knew at the hostel began coughing constantly. I've had a cough and runny nose for a fortnight, and this morning I've lost my voice from coughing my throat raw.

I don't know why it's so smoggy here - there are factories but not for at least an hour out of town, and we're on the sea so there should be breezes but the smog is ever-present. There have been three or four blue-sky days in the three weeks I've been here.

The sky's never black at night, no stars, just smog.
Grey skies at night, shepherd's...lung cancer?

2 comments:

  1. From: Mum
    Not so good about the smog. We had the same thing in L.A. way back in 1982; I remember the constant headache. Hope your body adjusts, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cough officially gone, my main gripe now is that I'm still getting mosquito bites. It's November, shouldn't they all have died of cold by now???

    ReplyDelete